If they turn out well, it won't be your fault. IT'LL BE A MIRACLE OF THE HIGHEST ORDER!!!
- Discipline your children only when you lose your temper. Let them get away with anything until you're fed up; then, in a spirit of hostility and anger, let 'em have it! Blow your top, holler, get wild, clobber them and really make a brawl out of it. The children will get a bang out of you.
- Don't make yourself approachable, you might have to listen and reason with them. If you get too
chummy, they'll want to talk things over with you. And who's got time to waste with kids? You've got more important things to do.
- If they've done wrong, never let them forget it. Keep rubbing it in; they'll loathe you for it. A father was telling me in front of his son about the trouble the boy had gotten into 5 years ago when he was 13. The boy was ashamed and disgusted. When the father went to answer the phone, the son said in an undertone, "He makes me sick." I felt like saying, "Me, too."
- Give your child all the spending money he wants; don't make him earn it. Money in large quantities is an acceptable substitute for love. After awhile he'll want only your money and couldn't care less about you. It's something like starving him on cream puffs.
- Compare your child with someone else to make him smarten up. Use that beautiful expression, "Why can't you be like Johnny?" He'll despise you and Johnny both!
- Mother and father should disagree in regard to the rules for their youngsters. Children will then learn to play one parent against the other.
- Never let the kids think for themselves. They haven't the equipment. (The reason may be in their
heredity or environment). Make all the decisions for them so they'll never be able to handle life.
- Treat them with suspicion. Never trust the sneaky little characters.
Site copyright© 2002-2022, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.