U.S. Department of Education
Office of Educational Research and Improvement
What We Can Do to Help Our Children Learn?
- Listen to them and pay attention to their problems.
- Read with them.
- Tell family stories.
- Limit their television watching.
- Have books and other reading materials in the house.
- Look up words in the dictionary with them.
- Encourage them to use an encyclopedia.
- Share favorite poems and songs with them.
- Take them to museums and historical sites when possible.
- Discuss the daily news with them.
- Go exploring with them and learn about plants, animals, and geography.
- Find a quiet place for them to study.
- Review their homework.
- Meet with their teachers.
- Do you have any other ideas?
Table of Contents
Parents and Schools
This book is in the public domain. Authorization to reproduce it in whole or in part of educational purposes is granted
Site copyright© 2002-2018, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.