When you quit smoking...
- Your body begins to heal from the effects of the nicotine within 12 hours after your last cigarette.
- Your heart and lungs start repairing the damage caused by cigarette smoke.
- You breathe easier and your smoker's cough starts to go away.
- You lower your risk for illness and death from heart disease, stroke, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, lung cancer, and other types of cancer.
- You contribute to cleaner air, especially for children who are at risk for illnesses because they breathe others' cigarette smoke.
Site copyright© 2002-2021, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.