When you smoke...
- Your heart rate increases.
- You expose yourself to some 4,000 chemicals in cigarette smoke and 40 of these chemicals cause cancer.
- You are much more likely to get lung cancer than a nonsmoker. Men are 22 times more likely to develop lung cancer, while women who smoke are 12 times more likely.
- You are twice as likely to have a heart attack as a nonsmoker.
- You increase your risk for heart disease, stroke, some types of cancer, emphysema, chronic bronchitis, and other lung diseases.
- You are hurting not only your own health, but the health of anyone who breathes the smoke, including nonsmokers.
Site copyright© 2002-2022, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.