Ask yourself the following questions to determine if you're a safe cyber surfer:
- Are my passwords hard to guess?
- Tip: Make sure that your passwords have both letters and numbers, and are at least eight characters long!
- Do I have up-to-date anti-virus software on my computer?
- Tip: Protect yourself from viruses by installing anti-virus software and updating it regularly!
- Am I protected by a firewall?
- Tip: Prevent unauthorized access to your computer through firewall software or hardware, especially if you are a high speed user!
- Do I avoid mystery email attachments?
- Tip: Don't open a file attached to an email unless you are expecting it or know what it contains. If you send an attachment, type a message explaining what it is.
- When something bad happens, do I know who to contact?
- Tip: Report it! Tell your parents and contact your Internet Service Provider and your software vendor.
© Sandra F. Cobble.
Site copyright© 2002-2018, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.