How can bullying hurt you?
Not only can bullying hurt someone's feelings, it can have other more serious effects. Some problems can even last until you are an adult! Bullying can play a role in:
- Sadness, hurt feelings, loneliness, and even depression
- Poor body image, low self-esteem and even eating disorders, especially when teased about weight
- Skipping school, bad grades, and being afraid to go to school
- Headaches, stomach aches, and anxiety
- Trouble sleeping
- Thoughts and acts of suicide, in very bad cases
Bullying others or being bullied can hurt someone both physically and emotionally - and affect you long after you become an adult
Can being the bully hurt you?
Did you know that being a bully can also cause you serious problems? Young women who bully are more likely to drop out of school, have poor grades, use drugs, and shoplift. Bullies are just more likely to get in trouble, especially when they are caught bullying others. Would you want to always get in trouble, have bad grades, and hurt other people? Probably not! If you're still not convinced that bullying is bad, keep reading to learn more interesting facts.
Information from GirlsHealth.gov
- Childhood bullies are much more likely to commit a crime by age 24
- Often, childhood bullies are violent when they are older
- Bullies take part in many bad things, such as drug and alcohol use, and smoking
- Childhood bullies may not change and may be bullies as adults
- Bullies are more likely to get into fights and steal
Site copyright© 2002-2017, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.