|by Jim Elliff
- Because a little sin leads to more sin.
- Because my sin invites the discipline of God.
- Because the time spent in sin is forever wasted.
- Because my sin never pleases but always grieves God who loves me.
- Because my sin places a greater burden on my spiritual leaders.
- Because in time my sin always brings heaviness to my heart.
- Because I am doing what I do not have to do.
- Because my sin always makes me less than what I could be.
- Because others, including my family, suffer consequences due to my sin.
- Because my sin saddens the godly.
- Because my sin makes the enemies of God rejoice.
- Because sin deceives me into believing I have gained when in reality I have lost.
- Because sin may keep me from qualifying for spiritual leadership.
- Because the supposed benefits of my sin will never outweigh the consequences of disobedience.
- Because repenting of my sin is such a painful process, yet I must repent.
- Because sin is a very brief pleasure for an eternal loss.
- Because my sin may influence others to sin.
- Because my sin may keep others from knowing Christ.
- Because sin makes light of the cross, upon which Christ died for the very purpose of taking away my sin.
- Because it is impossible to sin and follow the Spirit at the same time.
- Because God chooses not to respect the prayers of those who cherish their sin.
- Because sin steals my reputation and robs me of my testimony.
- Because others once more earnest than I have been destroyed by just such sins.
- Because the inhabitants of heaven and hell would all testify to the foolishness of this sin.
- Because sin and guilt may harm both mind and body.
- Because sins mixed with service make the things of God tasteless.
- Because suffering for sin has no joy or reward, though suffering for righteousness has both.
- Because my sin is adultery with the world.
- Because, though forgiven, I will review this very sin at the Judgment Seat where loss and gain of eternal rewards are applied.
- Because I can never really know ahead of time just how severe the discipline for my sin might be.
- Because my sin may be an indication of a lost condition.
- Because to sin is not to love Christ.
- Because my unwillingness to reject this sin now grants it an authority over me greater than I wish to believe.
- Because sin glorifies God only in His judgment of it and His turning of it to good use, never because it is worth anything on it's own.
- Because I promised God he would be Lord of my life.
Copyright © 1992 Jim Elliff
Site copyright© 2002-2020, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.