- Figure out who you want to be friends with and why you like these people.
- Get involved with after school activities such as sports, religious groups, or other things that interest you.
- Introduce yourself and remember names.
- Work on good conversation skills so that you get better at both listening and talking.
- Be sensitive to other people.
- Take compliments politely without seeming full of yourself. Give compliments to others in a sincere way.
- Take your time making friends.
- Be willing to risk rejections. It's possible that someone may not be open to making new friends. It's still important to take the chance.
- Be positive and upbeat.
- Give parties to spend time with both new and old friends.
Site copyright© 2002-2017, Surf-in-the-Spirit. All rights reserved.